- Baby monitor - You can also buy this later; you don't need it right away. Nowadays, there are many advanced baby monitors with cameras. Personally, we still recommend the older models, like Philips Avent. The new baby monitors work on Wi-Fi, and the connection is not always reliable. The older baby monitors work like walkie-talkies and have a much larger range due to their private connection, ensuring that no one else is listening in. They also don't pick up signals from other devices, reducing interference. They have a range of up to 50 meters indoors and up to 330 meters outdoors.
- Sleeping bag - Check our blog for tips
- Swaddling blankets - You can find many options on bol.com, or use our large swaddles
- Hot water bottle - Also handy for preheating the baby's crib
- Sheets and fitted sheets
- Bed bumper - Do your research thoroughly about bed bumpers; it is advised to be cautious with their use
- White noise - White noise reminds your baby of the sounds in the womb and helps light sleepers not wake up easily from ambient noises. You can buy great white noise machines from the brand Numsy on bol.com. These are rechargeable and portable, with various sound settings.
- Woolen blanket
- Portable crib
- Wrap-around bodysuits
- Laundry detergent - Read our tips for washing wool
- Breast milk bags or containers - You can use these later for baby food
- Breast pump
- Bottle warmer
- Sterilizer - You can use microwave sterilization bags from Medela to disinfect breast pump parts if you don't have space for a large sterilizer. And this advanced sterilizer also dries the bottles.
- Vitamins K & D
- Follow-up formula (if needed)
- Baby spoon
- Baby carrier
- Car seat (Maxi-Cosi)
- Diaper bag
- Changing mat
- Bath thermometer - You can also use this for the baby's bath
- Regular thermometer
- Baby bath - This folding bath from Stokke is recommended
- Natural oil
- Soft hairbrush
- Changing pad and cover
- Towel/bath towel
- Shampoo/body wash - Note: it's recommended to use shampoo or body wash for your baby after 6 weeks. Water is sufficient for rinsing, and it's not necessary every day.
- Pacifier - Always good to have at least one